Well howdy y’all! Guess who got back from the USA today? Let me just start off by saying it was AMAZING and I’m a tiny bit bummed to be back in Brisbane. I mean, being able to rest, hug my pup and walk around the house in my underwear has definitely been wonderful but I really do love travelling and the USA was incredible.
I am going to write up a bunch of blogs about my trip, which will probably focus on each place we went to as well as a post or two about some of my America-wide experiences. This is mostly for my own benefit so that I have an everlasting memory of my trip but I also hope it will give people some helpful tips before they embark on a trip to the crazy ol’ US of A. There are more than a few tips I know I wish someone had told me about before we went, so I’d love to help other people have the best trip ever by giving them plenty of heads up about what to expect.
While I upload all of the happy snaps to my flickr, I thought I’d share some of the highlights of my trip to get the ball rolling (in no particular order):
- THEME PARKS! We managed to go to four (yep, FOUR) on this trip. Disneyland and Universal Studios in LA and Disney World and Universal in Orlando.
- THE WIZARDING WORLD OF HARRY POTTER! Need I say more?
- Getting a Halloween tattoo in LA (even if it caused me much duress for most of the trip because of the placement).
- Finally getting to see Japan LA in real life and buying so many awesome things. I was in a rush (see next point) so I could have gone REALLY crazy if I’d had more time.
- Going to see Elijah Wood’s new film in LA and standing beside him in the line at the candy bar where he struck up a conversation with me!
- Going to Las Vegas as an adult, walking down the street drinking booze and discovering the majesty of Downtown Vegas. Oh and spending Halloween there!
- Falling in love with New Orleans completely and utterly.
- Trying so many delicious American craft beers everywhere we went.
- Finally seeing New York where we saw and did SO MUCH! That city is crazy and wonderful!
- Catching up with Cam, one of my best friends who I lived with in London. Also finally meeting Maya who I’ve known online for 10 years now!
- Meeting and spending a lovely evening with Twinkie Chan who’s a bit of a crafty, kawaii hero of mine (she even blogged about our encounter!)
- All of the animals! Squirrels, scores of dogs in coats, lizards, alligators, birds… there were so many!
OK that’s all I can think of without going totally berserk and just listening ever single thing we did. Ben and I had an amazing trip and I really can’t wait to share it with you all. Lots of photos will be coming soon!