Last weekend Ben and I went to Melbourne. It was kind of spontaneous, he had a wedding to go to and asked me to come along two weeks beforehand and naturally I said HELL YES! I absolutely love Melbourne and sometimes toy with the idea of moving down there, though I know I never will (I have it way too good in Brisbane).
I won’t bore everyone to death with a blow-by-blow account of the trip, and will instead share some of the highlights:
- Started the trip off with a BANG by getting a migraine on the plane down which resulted in lots of medication and trying to sleep it off once we got to the hotel :(
- Once recovered we went to a work function with my co-workers from our head office which is located in Melbourne. It was pretty cool meeting the people I talk to all the time by phone for work, except for Claudia becayse she’s such a COW (lol, jks). Also, FREE PISS!
- Went and met some of Ben’s friends at a metal bar called Whole Lotta Love which was an impossible amount of fun for many, various reasons :)
- The next day we woke up without being too seedy, and went our separate ways for the day as Ben had the wedding and I was spending the day with Mia where we got our nails done, got Asian photobooth pictures done. visited Daiso (amazing!!!) and generally had a very satisfying, girlie day!
- On Saturday evening we collected Ben from the hotel and started driving towards Brunswick St where we had a car accident! No one was hurt, though poor Mia’s car was damaged pretty badly. Once it was towed and the kid who hit us had left (poor kid felt so bad) we kept on going to Mana Bar for a few drinks before settling at the Attic (on top of the Black Pearl) for an amazing night of beautiful drinks in the classiest establishment I’ve ever found myself in.
- On Sunday we woke up a little worse for wear but still quite OK considering we were already on our way to the booziest weekends I’ve had in many years. We trundled down to Minotaur Comics where we spent hours going through everything. Some kid tried to school me on Harry Potter wands (pffft, you got no idea who you’re dealing with, kid) and we had to resist buying everything we laid our hands on. It was super hard!
- Sunday afternoon was spent at the Rooftop Cider Bar at Young & Jacksons where we sampled most of the ciders they had, all of which were delicious. We met up with an old friend of mine who I’ve known for about 10 years thanks to Livejournal! It was lovely to finally catch up and it was kind of sweet to see him and Ben get along so well (in fact they seemed to kind of forget about me half the time, heh).
- Sunday evening was spent meeting with Ben’s old friends Liam and Cazz (aka Nerdburger Jewelry) which was lovely especially since I got on so well with them (Cazz especially as she seems to be my shorter, more adorable twin sister from another mister).
- Monday was time to go home, we managed to get a coffee and have a small wander before heading to the aiport and then collapsing in bed from sheer exhaustion!